Sunday, May 31, 2015

Day 2: Exhausted.

The craziness that appears in this video is basically a summary of what my day felt like. It started with a simple trip for lunch to get sushi (my picky eating habit got the best of me and I backed out) and turned into a day trip into the islands of Hong Kong. The city was breath taking. On one side, you see the skyline of the extremely urban and commercial part of Hong Kong and on the other side, you see the action. We took the ferry boat to the other side (it happened to be free today!). Walking into the ifc mall was like walking into a pile of gold. It felt like you had to be rich in order to even walk on that ground. Designer stores were EVERYWHERE. It was a gigantic and gorgeous mall.

Beautiful skyline in the city
We then decided to just walk and see where it took us. It was amazing to just roam so freely and just absorb everything in site. Definitely was hot, sticky, and sweaty though. We ended the day in Mong Kok where we walked through VERY busy streets filled with pedestrians, shoppers, and a lot of traffic. It reminded me a lot of Chicago except there were a lot more people and I did not see any homeless people on the streets. We ended the day at Women's Street, which is filled with street markets and a lot of cool knick knacks.
Women's Street in Mong Kok
A booth full of T-Shirts in Women's Street




















It felt great to just go with the flow and let things happen. Today was definitely a day to just soak everything in and figure out where I want to go back. It feels like there is never enough time in one place here. I could spend hours and hours doing one thing. I would never be able to finish seeing everything Hong Kong has to offer. It is HUGE! I did not know how I would like the fast pace, crowded and busy environment but it turns out I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment